You might want to consider this when you plan your next cruise.  There are some
cruise lines that permit ham radio when approved ahead of time.  I have read
many blog posts about the fun that can be had.

Each cruise line has their own private island and a few years ago while lying
in a hammock on one of them I had a Sony radio and was listening around the ham
bands.  I was so surprised with the activity on most of the ham bands and so
wished I had a xmtr with me.  I would say a KX 2 and the new Elecraft AX 1
antenna might be a blast even now and I doubt there would be any problem from
anyone.  They are all having fun or watching their kids on the beach.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad