Just assembled the two units and am very pleased with the Elecraft products. My
question is since I do not have the KPA and KTA  connected to a K3 (it's a
K'Wood TS-480), do I really need the aux cable between the KPA and KTA? Looks
like it contains some band info but not sure if the $40 cable is really
necessary. But I am also running the setup by remote control (RRC-1258) and I
am having to leave the KPA on STBY all the time so I can communicate via the
RS232 interface. I see that pin 8 of the AUX connector is a power on pin if you
pull it low momentarily. I have a webswitch and have a pair of contacts where I
could do this. Has anyone done this? Does it really power off the KPA and power
it back on?
Thanks //Dave WB7ELY