I've tried several times to get this to work on my K3 without result. My
K3 has no AFX Mode selection.

73, Roger

On 10/21/2019 8:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
The KX3, like the K3/K3S and KX2, has full stereo audio. But it has one special
audio effects mode the others don't: binaural-audio pitch mapping.

When pitch-mapping is in effect, stations lower in frequency are mapped lower
in audio pitch, and higher-frequency signals are mapped higher in pitch. A
station tuned to your nominal sidetone pitch would be in the middle.

This creates an audio "stage," of sorts, where it's easy to pick out different
"instruments." The overall effect is to reduce listening fatigue in contests or anytime a
band is crowded.

Headphones or dual external speakers are of course required to use PITCH and
other binaural audio modes.

To turn on pitch mapping, set MENU:AFX MD to PITCH.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Message delivered to n...@roadrunner.com