I read about all of the specs in the rigs
I have been operating for 67 years.
I got used to radios from the 1950s.
My K3 has every option you can buy. Sub receiver and filters galore.

I rarely use the narrow filters. I have a “software” defined brain. It is the
best filter you can have. If you practice long enough you can do a lot of
filtering in your head (brain).

I am primarily a CW operator. I can copy up to 50 wpm too. Solid copy fades
above that speed. The brain is what allows you to decode CW at those speeds.
Done in various amounts of QRM/QRN. My K3 can’t decode at QRQ with QRN/QRM !

Unfortunately you can tune the bands and not hear a CW signal. Hit the FT 8 QRG
and there are stations.

I can read a book / Newspaper and listen to a 45 wpm CW signal. I hear CW
Contesters but they use keyboards to send CW. They can copy calls but don’t ask
them a question at QRQ speed. Some can copy but not many.

A transceiver is not the most critical element in a station. It is the brain.
You can’t upgrade brains.

My brain operates at a very fast speed too.
When it becomes a reflex it is like human speech. It is after all just a
different sound. That takes years to acquire

Just a different perspective. It is almost 70 years of experience too.

I own a K2, K3, KX2 and KX3. My DXCC TOTAL is 370. I have not used a beam in
the last 30 years.

It’s the operator ! !

Jim
W9VNE/VA3VNE