Bill, USB is possible, if you buy the Apple adapters - you need the lighting to
the old style (30 pin) connector and then the SD card reader, which comes with
a USB adapter, which both have 30 pin connectors.

It is (or was) then possible to run some apps to control rigs, but I don’t know
if a Elecraft compatible protocol is available.

73 de David, M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108)