> John Stengrevics <jstengrev...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Wayne,
>
> Do you have any information about:
>
> 1.  Sensitivity or noise floor of the K4 relative to the K3S?

Similar, but with finer-grain control. The K4 has 3 preamp settings and 8
attenuator levels per-band/per-receiver. As with the K3S, an LNA (low noise
preamp) is available for each receiver on the highest bands. Built-in
transverters will have their own LNAs optimized for specific bands.

> 2.  Noise blanking and noise reduction effectiveness relative to the K3S?

The K4, being an SDR, provides access to a different class of wide-band NR and
NB algorithms. In HDR mode (i.e. with the KHDR4 module installed and enabled),
per-receiver hardware I.F. blankers can be switched in, similar to those in the
K3.

There's also narrowband, DSP-based NR and NB, similar to that available on the
K3. You'll be able to combine the various modes to best effect. Since the user
interface is more versatile (graphic LCD), we can provide both simple and
customized NR and NB setup.

The noise blanker for the panadapter is linked to noise blanker setup on the
radio, so only one operation is needed to turn on both. (This is in contrast to
the K3 and P3, where independent setup is required.)

> Will noise reduction be disabled on digital modes as does the K3S?

Yes.

73,
Wayne
N6KR