I worked with WA2EUJ at Hobby PCB to modify that amplifier's firmware so
that my amplifier would connect to my nearly-20-year-old K2 and add
automatic band changes and one-cable interfacing.

The video shown at this URL describes what was done and the results.  I am
happy to back this up, as the initial field user with the most hours on the
setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq9eB8hHLmc

Here's yet another reason to dust off that terrific K2 that may be just
sitting in storage or on a shelf, forlorn and silent, yet still a magic
little gray box that changed the hobby a generation ago.

73  Steve KZ1X