Robin,

That messsage is displayed when the small clock battery has been replaced and the clock has not yet been set.

If you have the KAF2, see the KAF2 manual for the clock setting procedure - follow the instructions EXACTLY. You must set the date before the time.

If you have the KDSP2, follow the instructions in the KDSP2 manual.

Manuals can be downloaded from the Elecraft website if you do not have a printed copy.

73,
Don W3FPR