Howdy Folks,
We had two very good nets this evening. Twenty meters had QSB from East to West and it was a little light to me. Forty meters had it all: QRM from the Flying Pigs, QRN from a storm somewhere in the Midwest, and QSB would come and go throughout the net. Made life interesting ;) My faithful Co-NCS was hard pressed to find stations on twenty but made up for it on forty meters. Thank you Tom, I appreciate the respite where I can unscramble my notes. Between the two nets I made and ate dinner, finished the laundry, split some more wood, hauled, and stacked it. I did the dishes too just to keep myself busy. The sun is now out but the fire is keeping Sam and I warm. I hope the wood I've been stacking dries out as fast as possible because I may need it for the rest of the summer to keep the chill out of the house! Summer may actually get up here before the foxgloves start blooming. They are getting underway at 200 feet in elevation but none have started above 1000 feet. When the foxgloves have bloomed their way to the top of the stalk the summer is fading into autumn. It is a good time to cut more wood!

   On to the lists =>

On 14050 kHz at 2258z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
N3AO - Carter - PA - K2 - 678   QNI #10!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
VE1RGB - Gary - NS - K2 - 2519
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037
AB8KJ - Chuck - MI - K2 - 2596
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 5138
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
W0SZ - Steve - CO - K2 - 4088
K4BEH - Pat - GA - K2 - 5061   QNI #15!!

On 7045.78 kHz at 0158z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 5138   QNI #15!!
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031    QNI #120!!!!
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037    QNI #15!!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
VE6ITA - John - AB - K2 - 5384
K4BEH - Pat - GA - K2 - 5061
KR4OW - Dave - FL - K2 - 4320
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866

Thank you all for the fun nets this evening. If there are any errors in the above lists please do not hesitate to correspond with me so I may fix them. We are very near 2500 check ins for the history of the net (2484). This total is from 420 different radio operators. It was nice to meet each and every one of you. However, I am sure there are many more folks who would like to try once they've built their KX1, K1, or K2. Some like to check in with each new rig they build just to see how they work ;) I've got quite a list of serial numbers too but I do not have a clean sweep of all of the folks who've participated. We are also two states shy of WAS ECN style. If you'd like to correct that problem please check in from Delaware or South Dakota the next time you pass through either of them. I wonder if we can get some more wall paper for the web site for 500 serial numbers?

Until next week,
   Stay warm (or cool) and stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)