From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of Peter Dougherty <li...@w2irt.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 11:56:15 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Unexpected K-POD frequency excursions

Hi all,
In CQWW this weekend I ran across a problem that's been plaguing me in
previous contests too. With the K-pod connected to the radio (K3s) using the
supplied cable I'm finding that the main VFO QSYs down about 100-200 Hz on a
random basis. I tried loading the flat cable up with Mix 31 ferrites to no
effect. I haven't thoroughly tested this on all bands, but it definitely
occurred on 20 through 160. It was not a regular occurrence; maybe every 2-3
minutes it would happen. When I engage the VFO lock on the front panel of
the radio it stops doing it.

I has also been know to shut the radio off once every few days when I touch
the K-pod, which I'm attributing to static electricity. While I love the
functionality of my K-pod, I had to take it offline due to the frequency
excursions. I'd like to get a fix for this if at all possible. Suggestions?

73 and Good DX
Peter, W2IRT

President, North Jersey DX Association

DXCC Card Checker
Letter O Manager, ARRL Incoming 2nd District QSL bureau

Message delivered to a...@hotmail.com