From: stephen shearer <sm.shearer...@gmail.com>
Sent: November 28, 2019 10:05:49 AM
To: Joseph Street; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4: savable profiles?

Joe, welcome to "Elecraft" and Mint...

I have been using Mint since March ??   I used another form of Linus with
another laptop.  Liked it but don't remember why I went back to W7 (then).
Not new to computers, just tired of W10 messing my system settings.  I think I
update Mint a few times a week but since it doesn't mess things, all goes well.

I am currently using my KX3 with a "headless" Raspberry Pi running wsjt-x for
FT8.  I was in the kitchen this morning, stuffing the turkey and operating FT8
80m on my laptop with a VNC link to the "shack"...  Yes, any excuse to eat.  My
parents, parents, parents... did come to the "new" world on the Mayflower back
in 1620, so it IS required and my father said that his side of the family was
here to meet and help the new settlers...

I have enjoyed the Elecraft rigs.  I built a 10w K2, I have the
KX3/PX3/amp(what ever the number is), and looking forward to having a "full
time" shack radio.  The KX3 combo will become my full time portable rig, no
shack time...

The reflector is a great place to ask questions...

73, steve WB3LGC