I have been trying to come up with a antenna for use in an apartment with
only limited success.  I have now set up the Elecraft AX-1 antenna and it
seems to play well with my K3 indoors with the antenna  placed in a window
supported by a folding camera tripod.

One caveat is that there seems to be significant feedline RF so a 1:1
isolation transformer near the antenna feed point is an absolute
requirement.  Without the transformer, even 1 watt transmissions  caused
various nasty computer gremlins when using digital modes.

My apartment no longer needs to be a maze of wires and switches - many
thanks to Elecraft for this excellent product.

Jobst
AC0LP