OK, January is fine as it's only 10+ days away...  AND yes, Jan 31st is only 5+ weeks. (Joe, I bet as a kid you had no problem waiting for your gifts at Christmas or other big holidays...) what I am waiting for is the manual.  It will/should answer many of my questions.
Maybe before the K4 is shipped?

Like, with a LAN connection on the K4 and an internal PC (of some sort) will I be able to download updates direct to the K4? or, will I need a separate PC and use the USB port on K4 to do the admin "stuff" ? There are plenty of single board computers that would fit the need, if required. I expect to use a SBC for FT8 and JS8, as it works nice now on my KX3 w/amp (as needed).

73, steve WB3LGC  (waiting for my Christmas and my birthday "gift" = K4...   wife approved)