Ahaaaa-- I thought since I had the MMTTY demodulator set to 915 -170 and K3s
set to 915-170 I was matched ---

NOPE - in AFSK - in MMTTY setup I ALSO have to set "HAM DEFAULT" to 915-170 .
Never mattered when I was running direct FSK.

This morning after reading Mike VP8NO message I noticed that if I clicked on TX
in the MMTTY window I got same
deal - no ALC -nil in MON -made no difference with the AFSK FIL on or off - BUT
if I left the TX on and
clicked on ALIGN next to it lo and behold up popped the 7 bars - output power
etc and diddles away.
so just have to see if I can play games between WSJT and RTTY to get one LIN
setting to work -but not a big issue.

I had never tried to use AFSK on RTTY and had always used direct FSK but with
the K3S I decided to get
rid of my RTTY interface box . BUT lo and behold when using AFSK the MMTTY "HAM
DEFAULT" has to be set
to 915-170 -does not matter in direct FSK so I just never thought about that .
But setting it to 915-170 away I went

Thanks Mike

Hank K7HP

Message: 23