From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 11:39 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] CW skimmer

The K4 has sufficient internal horsepower to run advanced software
applications; that's one major reason we included a general-purpose
processor. However, all third party applications will require modification
to run in the K4 environment, and they'll be vetting by our staff before
being made available as an in-box app.

While there's no reason we couldn't run Skimmer, I can't say at this time
whether we'd choose to port this application to the K4. But I can say the K4
will be continuously updated to meet user needs.

73,

Wayne

N6KR

donw...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Morgan,

> The K4 (any version) will not run software apps like Skimmer, you will
need to run that on your shack computer.

> While the K4 does contain a processor and a version of an operating
system, it is used for dedicated K4 functions.

> I would compare it to my fileserver box which runs on a Linux version. I
can access it via a browser for setup operations, but I cannot load and run
any other applications on it, it is dedicated to performing its fileserver
tasks.

Help:  <http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm> http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm

Post:  <mailto:Elecraft@mailman.qth.net> mailto:Elecraft@mailman.qth.net

This list hosted by:  <http://www.qsl.net> http://www.qsl.net