-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4 Display Question
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 14:12:07 -0500
From: Paul Evans, W4/VP9KF <w4vp...@hintlink.com>
To: Elecraft de W4/VP9KF <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

You can see why this question is being asked. If used as a remote, then
there is no reason for the display to be on all the time. Given recent
problems with displays on other transceivers, it is prudent to be able
to switch it off.

However, this is something that would need to be under software AND
hardware control. If the hardware isn't in there, then it's too late
because the K4 is surely in final design and with surface mount boards
out for manufacture.

Another question is if the K4 can be used with PoE? Namely, can it be
switched on by an ethernet connection? (obviously not delivering ALL the
power needed, but a 'come alive' signal as provided for in the PoE spec.)