i love this.  Forwarding to a bunch of my friends and peers.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net>
wrote:

>   The development of software reminds me of the following story.    I
> view software and to some extent, hardware, to follow this process.
>
> As the story goes:   The city fathers were building a new government
> building and wanted to have impressive bronze doors at the entrances.
> In order to make their selections, they boarded a bus and traveled to a
> foundry that made bronze doors.   As they toured the foundry they
> observed the many steps used in the process of making the doors.   At
> the point they came to near the end of the process, they noticed a
> fellow that was polishing a very large door.  One of the city fathers
> stepped over to the fellow, admired the gleam of the  highly polished
> door, and asked "how do you know you are finished?". The old fellow
> never looked up, but kept on polishing, and replied "sonny, we never get
> through, they just come take it away".
>
> And that's the story of software.
>
> 73
>
> Bob, K4TAX

> Message delivered to r...@wc3t.us

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*