Just completed my KAT1 for my K1 that I finished last night.  All the tests
seem to work properly, and I get a r1.0 (SWR of 1.0) on all 4 bands (7, 10,
14, & 21 MHz) when transmitting into a dummy load.  However, when
transmitting into my attic dipole the KAT1 can only achieve a match on 14
and 21 MHz (1.3 and 1.2 respectively).  On 7 MHz I get r4.1 as best match,
and on 10 MHz I get r3.2, both after much rattling of relays.  My K2 (which
I realize has a greater matching range) has no trouble with the same antenna
setup.

The rigs are connected with about 2 ft. of RG58 to a 4:1 LDG balun, then to
maybe 30-40 ft. of 450 ohm ladder line out into the attic where I have a
40m. 1/4 wave dipole with the center at the peak of the roof and the ends
drooped down in random ways to fit the available space.

When I adjusted C9, by the way, I got a null of about 0.06 mv.

As I said, I've been through all the tests on the KAT1, including trying
each L and C individually to make sure they are all working, and everything
looks good.  So I'm guessing I have to do something to the antenna to get
make things work.  Perhaps play with the length of ladder line?  Any
suggestions would be welcome.

73,
Randy, KS4L