Gary,
Before you order a new encoder, remove the front panel and swap the two
encoders (they are the same), put the radio back together, and see what you
observe when tuning both the A and B VFOs.

Dick, K8ZTTT

Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man.  What is first, you ask?
Landing, of course.

    On Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:23:23 AM MST, Don Wilhelm