Even with monitor running into headphones?

I was running the contest with monitor off at first, but I turned monitor
on only in response to my contact telling me my audio was garbled. That
said, I initially wondered if the garble was due to frequency drift not
feedback. Though if it was a monitor problem it would also manifest on HF
and through the vocal mic?

I can try though. I know the headphones leak, closed as they are, as I've
picked up notification beeps when using the field recorder and monitoring
on headphones while recording my voice.

 - Richard