Was running about 150W on 18 MHz this afternoon. My KPA 500 made a loud
pop. No more output. Any pointers of where to start looking?

*Details:*
KPA500 (use with KAT500 and Icom 7610)
Antenna on this band is a SteppIR
Amp has been running FB
KPA Utility 1.13.7.16
240V supply
A single loud pop was heard.
Mode remained in OPER
No fault light displayed, nor can I find one in the Fault Table

*After the failure:*

*In STBY:*
Radio and antennas work fine. SWR shown to exciter is low, as expected.
Exciter power is displayed on KPA500 power meter.
HV = 78.2
Works correctly on all bands

*In OPER:*
HV = 78.2 key up
On key down (input of 15W) the asterisk briefly displays, then display
changes to 18.1, back to HV display on key up.
Zero output, SWR shown to exciter is very high (over 3 to 1)
No power shown on output meter.
Fails *on all bands* with high SWR to the exciter.
No fault indication.

*Other data:*
Here's the last three entries from the fault table:
00000000  00  PWR ON  --  0007  Power was turned on
00000039  09  REFL HI  80  00F0  Excessive reflected power (high SWR)
00000000  00  PWR ON  --  Power was turned on

Apparently only faults get logged, subsequent power cycles have not changed
the table.

I power cycled the amp, including removing the mains power. - no change.
I reloaded the last configuration - no change.
I removed the cover and looked for any visible damage or bad odors. Nothing
stands out.

Amp is about 4 years old and was a kit model. Before I start to disassemble
if anyone can offer a likely culprit I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Jim/KK1W