FYI:

I asked one of our U.S. military KX2 customers (a special forces commander) to
describe how they use the rig. Here's the verbatim quote:

* * *

"We use the KX2 to enable us to communicate in emergency situations where
military-issue gear is unsuitable, impractical, or has failed.  Its form-factor
is ideally suited for increasing the redundancy of our communications without
any noticeable increase in weight or bulk.  In addition, and perhaps most
importantly, it is used to interface with civilian radio operators when we are
assisting with civil emergencies, such as those that are caused by hurricanes
or earthquakes.  Unfortunately, we have been called to assist with both of
these scenarios lately, and the ability to interface via HF using a tough,
portable radio has been instrumental in passing critical information in
environments where cell phone and internet networks were non-existent."

* * *

I'm hoping he'll release additional details in the future, but he's asked that
we not discuss his actual deployments, names, unit, etc. He did say that many
units have been outfitted with KX2s for the reasons above.

If you have a specific question or reason to contact him, I'll be happy to
forward the email. He seems to come up for air every week or two, between ops.

73,
Wayne
N6KR