For this to work, you would have to also put your antenna inside this RF proof room but then you might not work many stations.

John KK9A

AE4PB wrote:

Aside from installing ferrite on all cables (not sure why this isn't
integrated somehow if it's that large of an issue) would having the shack
walls lined with a grounded screen help reduce/eliminate radio noise?

Is the cost/effort worth it?

My wife and I are planning to build a house in a few years and I'm planning
out my station.

Based on the noise issues I have and have researched it sounds like I need a
shielded room where all cables in/out are wrapped in ferrite and power is
routed through a 1:1 transformer OR true sine wave UPS.

Then I still have to deal with computer equipment noise and anything else to
get a clean signal where the ground noise is low.

Jerry Moore

Cell: 803-431-1870