On 3/2/2020 8:34 AM, Grant Youngman wrote:
I know this is a sensitive, if not plain explosive, topic in some circles — but
most AM users do manage their bandwidth with common sense, and to be
considerate of the rest of the community.

Not related to AM, but my P3/SVGA sees a LOT of very splattery SSB signals generated by low cost JA transceivers. A few weeks ago during a contest, I saw it on the signal of a local, fairly new ham, told him about it, and volunteered to help him fix it by listening and watching as he adjusted drive to his amp. Turned out it was his radio, a $1700 Yaesu FTDX3000. Splatter from these signals is often as wide on both sides of the signal as the signal itself. I measured his splatter as less than 20 dB down from his intentional signal.

There's a roundtable that hangs out just above the FT8 slot on 160; most of the radios are clean, but there's usually one or two that splatters down into FT8.

73, Jim K9YC