Fred N3CSY asked:
I saw a reference to a "wattmeter in the KPA100"?

Does the K2's "KPA100" option, include a wattmeter,
beyond what metering is now present in my K2's
relative reading LED multi-segment indicator?

What comes with the KPA100, in this area?  If I
bought the KPA100 option, for my K2 - could I get
a accurate indication if I'm putting out 10watts,
38 watts or 100 watts?  Or if the SWR presented to
the KPA100 is 1:1 or 11.6:1?

I'm really trying to decide whether to bite on
the KPA100 higher-power K2 option.

----------------------------------

Yes, the KPA100 includes a built-in directional coupler that monitors the
SWR at the output of the K2 instead of the simple RF Voltmeter circuit the
QRP K2 uses. The output of the directional coupler provides the ALC feedback
signal to keep the power level at the "requested" level set by the POWER
control. Also, in TUNE the K2 LCD displays the SWR at the output. In TUNE
the LCD will have a display something like 95  1.2 --1 indicating 95 watts
with an SWR of 1.2:1. The power is displayed using two digits, so it's to
the nearest watt above 10 watts and to the nearest 0.1 watt below 10 watts.
It works across the whole power range of the K2 whether the KPA100 is
enabled or not, as long as it's installed in the K2.

Accuracy? I haven't measured it closely. It depends upon how it's
calibrated. Mine is certainly within 10%, which I consider *great* for any
RF power meter.

Ron AC7AC