I would add the following comments.

You can easily reach the point of obsession with antennas, and some of the
choices involve heavy expense, tons of room, tolerant neighbors and a lot of
maintenance.

I think the Yagi antennas are among the best choices, by their nature they
concentrate strength in one direction.  As a horizontal polarized antenna they
are less affected by noise than vertically polarized antennas.  They also
heavily concentrate power in one direction, and they naturally filter out
interfering signals coming from the sides.  They are fun and work really well.

I am a SteppIr fan and their antennas are well built and reliable.  I have done
wonders with a 3 element trombone version using just 100 watts in an urban
location with the antenna mounted on a nine foot rooftop tower.

Yagis do involve heavy wind loading and they do require a sturdy tower type
base of support and a substantial rotor.

Size is always better but with size also comes expense, hard work and
maintenance.   Looking at SteppIr, a three element Yagi is light enough to be
raised by hand with a small crew of two or three people using a gin pole.  The
larger SteppIrs weigh around 250 lbs and you will need a boom truck.

There is a lot of wind loading with Yagis and wind storms can cause a lot of
damage.   Your rotor needs to be pretty sturdy; even the three elements need a
Tailtwister or better.  You have to go really heavy duty with the big boys and
that costs a lot more money.

Our Mike and Key field day site sports a wide variety of Yagis.  I run the GOTA
station with a small three element trapped Yagi that I can support on a
temporary tripod mount made out of Army surplus aluminum tubes.  The 40 meter
Yagi is made of wire, six elements with what looks like a 100 ft boom, erected
on lines run between trees.