You are right, Bill,

I have three K3s and the two oldest ones had old synths. I upgraded one of them and kept one AS-IS so I could compare them. I do have two old synthesizers. If worse comes to worse, I can plug one in and then I think I need to do some form of synthesizer calibration . It has been so long, I forgot! I did want to see if I could fix this one.

Dave K1WHS