Yes.  However, Oliver Heaviside had the advantage of both vector calculus and operational mathematics which he sort of invented.  Maxwell did it "old school." Regardless of who you favor, the theory took on new meaning for me when a professor pointed out ...

"We can measure electromagnetic radiation from it's earliest beginnings and many billions of light years away in any direction we choose and it always obeys Maxwell's analysis to whatever precision we can muster."  And, my life-long hobby works because of that.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County