Hello to all,
I completed K1 2194 (40-30-20-15 + atu) about a week before field day. Due to
TS Alberto, My antenna came down, so I did not have a chance to get it on the
air until Field Day.
All I can say is I had no expectations that it would work half as well as it
did!! I, as well as every one else there was blown away. I had decided even
before I ordered it that all of the unbelievable accolades that owners had
given it were skewed due to the time that they had spent building it. I was
hoping for merely an acceptable performance portable rig. This jewel is nothing
short of amazing. Reciever performance (both sensitivity and adjacent signal
rejection) was awesome. I just grinned when one of my coworker-ham, who was
more cynnical of the owner reviews that I was, said quote "The signals just
jump out at you" !! Where have I heard that before? The other cw ops there
(owners of a TenTec Jupiter and Icom 746pro) were equally as impressed. If I
got up from my chair, I had to fight my way back to it.
I havent tallied my contacts yet, but I rarely missed anyone I called
(including a SP4 from Poland).
The Icing on the cake was this morning when a new ham who has been working on
his cw was able to make his first cw contact using it. It just does not get any
better!
Many thanks to all of you in the Elecraft community. Though I do not post
often, I have learned untold amounts from you.
72s
Pete
K1 2194

Pete Axson