From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of Keith Trinity WE6R <ke...@elecraft.com>
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 4:32 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - NOT K3S - issue: TX Calibration fails on 6m only

Could be a burned trap on the KAT3 (most likely). Just jumper the coil,
L10 and it will bypass a burned capacitor. The trap was found to be
redundant.
Make sure 6m is on the correct antenna not 2.
In TUNE, does it really have High SWR?
Set ATU to BYP for any tests using dummy load.

Make sure TECH MD is on, then look at config menu TXGN HP (or LP below
12w [8w 6m]) for the gain number.
Try a manual TX gain cal on different parts of the band, every half a
meg or so and see if it will pass.
(set TUN PWR to nor, set power for 50w EXACTLY, then long press XMIT to
send a carrier at 50 w for several seconds)
Then check the TXGN number.
You can do it at 5.0 watts exactly for the LP gain cal.
Keith WE6R  Elecraft K3 Tech

Message delivered to c-haw...@illinois.edu