This is going to cause a big sh*t storm :) and about 900 emails before
Wayne shuts it down.

However, having been in RF for a bit less then most of you (only 1974), I
have had connectors fail and not fail in my HF world (60Mhz or less).

No Name ones have worked wonderfully for decades.  Amphenol's have failed
in a year.   Amphenol T's in a phasing harness seem to fail the most (fell
apart).  But, then, who knows who makes them.

What I can say is that there is, based on my personal experience, no 100%
guarantee on any particular one.

Install it.  Visually inspect it.  Make sure it is clean, dry and
waterproof and a year from now, if it is outside, open it up and make sure
it is still dry.

It isn't eve 'you get what you pay for' any more.

Next, we can have another 200 emails on how to solder a PL259.  :)

Mike va3mw