Specifically, multiple samples of ft-991 owned by different operators would
"autotune" optimally poorly ( resulting in a 99:1 on a 6-10:1 feed?)
against multiple samples of, iirc, 4BTV. I suspect software bugs may play a
part as well. *Shrug*

I haven't operated my 991 since, instead use my kx3 as my shack radio until
my k4 arrives. Returned the 4btv to the gentleman that was kind enough to
loan it to me, have a 6btv(?) awaiting erection but have been getting by
with a fan dipole, reducing urgency. Have no idea what the other owner I
was talking to at the Yaesu booth did about his.

AD6YT