Hi everyone,

I just finished building my 3-band KX1 with the internal ATU.  It sure is a
great little rig!  Today I did my first experiment with a quick-deploy field
antenna.  I had a 40-ft radiator thrown up into a tree, with 3 radials as a
counterpoise.  Most of the radiator was at about a 45-degree angle.  The radials
were cut at 1/4 wavelength - one for each band.  The antenna system was
connected to the rig through a BNC/binding posts connector.  The internal ATU
gave me an SWR on 30 and 40 meters of 1.7:1 and on 20 meters it was 1.1:1.  I
guess this is OK but the 1.7:1 matches showed a reduced output power and I would
like to do better.  I generally like the idea of this kind of antenna, but any
and all suggestions that you might have would be very welcomed.

Thanks and 73,
Paul – N8XMS