Sorry, if someone mentioned this, but the original KUSB uses a Prolific chipset.
That’s always been temperamental. Plugable.com have drivers for 10.15.3 but you
have to buy them and I haven’t tried them.

73 de David, M0XDF
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. --
Albert Einstein