You might want to replace the bridge rectifier in that new 35A power supply.

Yep, right out of the box.

At some point, Astron started shipping RS-35A's with a 25A bridge
rectifier.   They paralleled two out of four of the 25A diodes twice over
to make, supposedly, a pair of 50A diodes for center-tapped full-wave
rectification.  That's not good engineering practice as the diodes in each
pair will not share current equally because of differences in Vf and
tempco.     Once one blow, the other will blow shortly after.

After I fixed my own RS-35A with this problem, I've helped several other
hams fix this same problem in theirs.  Not a random sample, as this is just
folks on my local machine and in local clubs.

You can get a 50A bridge in the same package for under $3.

Perhaps Astron has fixed the problem since ....

73 de AI6KG  -ch