Pete:  Sorry I read some of your numbers incorrectly.  A cable with 0.3 ohms resistance and 20 amps of current will have a voltage drop of 20 x 0.3 for 6 volts.  This can't be correct. More like 20 x 0.03 for 1.2 volts.   Still too much.

Don't try to measure resistance with a DVM, as point contact and lead resistance will be too great.  Just measure voltage drop across the various components which will be more accurate. That's what is important anyway.

73

Bob, K4TAX