Sorry ...the correct URL for pics is:
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/goatman/

-----------original message------------------------------------

FD 2006 Raspberry Mountain Colorado

Friday afternoon Steve/N0MHQ, John/N0HJ and self/N0TU backpacked onto
Raspberry Mountain pitched our tents getting ready for FD fun.
Saturday AM I put up a 88'CFZ w/40' RS twinlead at 25'. Which worked
great on 20m (1.2:1swr) but my KX1's ATU said 9:1 swr on 80/40! hmm?
John suggested I take 5' off the feed line to change the impedance
point. Bingo! It now played with an acceptable match on 80/40/20!
woohoo!. Actually it was more like 7' I chopped off this would have
made it ~33' of feed line? Anyway, it worked! Bagged 60-contacts for
~2hrs(total) operation on 20/40/80. My strategy was to wait for the
dust to settle or until the big guns were hungry for Qs. Sunday AM I
worked both coasts on 80m with 1.6w. All on the internal lithium
batteries which never showed a sign of giving up! Sigs were pretty
darn good for being in the bottom of the solar cycle IMHO! I know I
should have spent more time operating but it was too easy just to sit
back and relax, catnap, chat with Steve and John and enjoy the nice
day and scenery. FD took a break while PM showers rolled in and sent
us all scrambling for dry cover including the goats. It was great
blend of camping and FD FUN! Looking forward to next year already!
Posted a few pics under FD06.