As a 17 year old, I rode the train {pulled by a coal fired locomotive} from Fulton, KY to Memphis, TN.  I had to walk about 8 blocks to the Post Office building where the FCC administered the tests.  I took the 4 elements and passed all 4 of them earning me a First Class Radio Telephone license on the first try.  I recall many much older folks seemingly to be struggling to take the tests.  Some commented "what's this kid doing in here?"  Seems some had taken it several times without success.     I spent the night with an old maid school teacher and relative in Memphis.  I took my General class license test the next morning in the same place.     The CW receiving portion, in the concrete basement with metal desks and metal chairs, sounded like marbles being dropped into a galvanized wash tub.   So was that a T followed by an E or was that and H?  Passed that one too.  Then I rode the bus from Memphis back to my home in Martin TN.  Yes there were several circuits to identify, and some to draw, as I recall.   That was 60 years ago.  Glad I had the experiences.

73

Bob, K4TAX