Yep, that was the textbook for the Communications class I had in
electronics school in 1983. One of the requirements to pass the class was
to pass the General Radiotelephone exam. The FCC Examiner came over from
the St Paul field office to the technical school to administer the exam to
the class.
Shortly after that, I went to the field office and passed the General and
Advanced  amateur exams...most of the technical portions were nearly
identical to the General Radiotelephone.