From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 10:51 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Headphones

On 5/7/2020 10:38 AM, Ken Widelitz wrote:
> built a breakout box so it only is used on my mostly deaf left ear.
> The PRAS works so well that I actually forget I have a hearing deficit
> while doing SO2R. I have a hearing aid for my left ear, but it doesn't
> improve intelligibility at all. The PARS unit improves intelligibility
> amazingly well.

Very interesting, Ken. Differing hearing loss between ears is quite common,
which suggests that it could be useful for the new K4 to incorporate the
ability to EQ left and right headphone channels separately! I've often
recommended to ham friends with hearing loss to use the K3/K3S/KX2/KX3 to
compensate by massive cut of low audio frequencies and massive boost the the
top bands, and guys have told me that it helps a lot.

Wayne, are you listening?

73, Jim K9YC

delivered to ebasil...@cox.net