Dear Elecraft brain trust,
                                                        My KX3 seems to have an
issue. It will not "boot up". The power on key combination, on the second quick
attempt gets the back-lights to power on, initially at a dim value, which then
drops to a very-dim setting. It was working fine 3 weeks ago, when I was
working /P.

        This problem manifests itself with the Batteries installed and the DC
Power connected. It is exactly the same in both cases.

        So far I have checked
                        - Input Power. Centre positive. Voltage 14v
                        - Internal Connection cable
                                  Appears well seated.
                        - Batteries.
                                  Removed them all. Same result
                                  Externally charged - then replaced in radio.
Same result.
                        - Soft buttons on radio
                                Non appear depressed
                        -Dials on radio
                                All rotate/Depress where applicable. no obvious
damage.
                        - No Usb Connection possible as the radio does not
power up
                        - EE-INIT also seemingly not possible

        Next steps / What have I missed ?? Or is it time for Tech-Support ??

        Many thanks

                        Tim, DU3TW