Small mag loops can be effective antennas if you can't put up 5 over 5 over 5.  One caveat:  They are resonant transformers and the loop MUST be exactly resonant at your QRG. This means, bypass any ATU and tune the loop [only] for 1:1 SWR. Using the "get it close and let the ATU match it" scheme will lead to a round, fairly pricey dummy load.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County