Hi Dave,

Some manufacturers do supply NPO and COG capacitors that are blue resin-dipped. I have seen other colours but blue seems to be the favourite. The small blue capacitors that Elecraft supplied for my K2 #3255 RF board are NPO types, which would be required in the tuned circuits of the K2. Other temperature coefficients might be required if temperature compensation was being attempted, but this is not the case in the K2.

Farnell does sell NPO and COG capacitors as well as the 'usual' type of disc ceramic, just watch the voltage rating.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

David Lankshear wrote:

I'm building K2 #5551 and was concerned that most of the RF board capacitors
listed as NPO appeared to be ordinary blue resin-dipped ones.