I wouldn’t run the KPA500 at half power. And 25 watts of drive is certainly
more than mine requires to attain rated power, except on 6M where it requires
25 watts.

As to power output indicators, I used my Bird43 and a 500 watt element with a
known good 50 ohm load.  I then calibrated the indications per the manual for
my KPA500.   That’s when I did the ALC calibration and setup for each band.

Sure works nice when everything is correct and correctly calibrated.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone