Hello Bob,

I will definitely let someone more familiar with the Elecraft remote answer
in more detail but I did want to share.  TCP and HTTP protocols happen at
different layers of the network stack.  TCP is at the transport layer, it
defines how to send the data and deals with the actual transport of packets
around the network.  Whereas HTTP is just the common language at the
application layer, at the very core it is just an instruction set.  In
short, you can use TCP and HTTP together , you can have TCP without HTTP.

It sounds like you are trying to address a very common problem, which is
true with most ISPs these days, almost no one has a dedicated IP address
anymore unless they are paying for business level services.  There are
numerous ways to solve this, the easiest and "free" way would just be port
forwarding on your router, of course perhaps you already thought of this
and if your ATT Mobile system is actually just a wifi hotspot and your
router doesn't support that than of course the port forwarding isn't an
option.

So assuming perhaps that you have already looked at port forwarding and
Dynamic DNS and settled on NGROK, the real question is going to be how many
connections do they make.
I did look at some of the Elecraft Documentation, there does appear to be
an HTTP component for connecting to your K3 Remote via a web browser, I
also saw reference to TCP port 4626 for the KPA-500 remote.  I don't know
what other port ranges they use but my gut (and experience with networking)
tells me that the free version with 4 tunnels will likely work fine.

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out to me off the list for any
networking related questions.  I will let the Elecraft experts speak to
their software.

73 de KJ5T