Dan

I’m just in the process of tidying up my 1.2Ghz SG lab transverter connection
to the KX3 and weaving in their 25w amp for SOTA work here in SoCal. It
leveraged the 2m and the 3w out is fine with the SG labs transverters.

For what it’s worth W6PQL has some great amp etc for VHF and up.

Most aren’t exactly portable but worth a look but then again your land rover
might enjoy transporting them.

http://www.w6pql.com/

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA