I wrote:

        >I believe the supposed efficiency
advantage of iambic keying is a myth.  Someone
published an analysis of this within the past year
or two but I cannot find it at the moment.

        I found the analysis here:

http://www.morsex.com/pubs/iambicmyth.pdf

The Myth Exposed

The idea that iambic keying is more efficient has been around for a long time, and few operators ever question it, even if they are having trouble doing it. They might blame themselves, or the paddle, and it stops being fun. At first it does seem to have a certain “cool” factor, and no doubt that’s why it was invented to start with. Some computer programmer looked at an electronic keyer, realized that he was looking at logic states (dot is on or off, dash is on or off) and decided to fill in the rest of the truth table– he was using “either a or b ,” and he was using “neither a nor b” but he wasn’t doing anything with “both a and b.” In other words there was a third “switch” that wasn’t being used. Not a bad idea on the face of it, and we’ve been paying the price ever
since.

Iambic keying became all the rage, and manufacturers got to make a bunch of new-fangled dual paddles. Somewhere in there electronic keyer designers decided to offer “refinements” of the basic principles, giving everybody Iambic A vs Iambic B to argue about, and distracting them from any consideration of whether Iambic Anything was worth bothering with. It’s like saying the emperor has no clothes, but I’ll say it anyhow– iambic keying is clever, and fun, but of very little practical value. Worse, it can impose a speed limit on your sending, and ruin another perfectly good amateur radio myth– the widely accepted notion that anyone can send twice as
fast as he can receive. But let’s talk about that one another time.....