Slightly related...

When cars were all 6 volts (I'm not quite old enough to remember when that was common) the wiring would get a little old, headlights would get dim, and you could fix that by installing an 8 volt battery and adjusting the voltage regulator so it'd charge.

I mention this, because I saw that Costco has 8 volt lead-acid batteries from Interstate Batteries.

An 8 volt and a 6 volt will give you 14 volts, and no boosters necessary.

73 -- Lynn