Hi all (and sorry about the blank post-I don't know what happened there).

I am experiencing a continuing and repeatable problem with my KPA-1500 on
6m. With the amp in bypass I am able to operate normally with my K3s, but
the amp's meter is showing a 1.8 to 2:1 SWR on that band, despite
measurements on an AA-230 analyzer and the SWR meter on the K3s itself
showing it virtually flat (no more than 1.2:1).

Once the amp is placed set to operate it's still showing SWR measurements of
1.8:1 to 2.1:1 consistently when delivering power. If the tuner is bypassed
I can't run more than about 600W out before it faults. If I put the tuner in
and click it to tune, it will deliver power just fine at 1200 or 1300 Watts
for ONE FT8 transmit cycle. When it goes to transmit again it hard-faults
with too much reflected power. Using 100W straight from the K3s there is no
issue whatsoever, but *any* level of power from the KPA is liable to trip
the excess reflected power sensor on the amp.

At first I thought I had an antenna problem, but yesterday I put up a brand
new 6m LFA and it's doing the same thing. This coming week I plan to replace
the feedline with LMR-400--it's got a combination of 3/8" hardline and
RG-213 at the moment. Any thoughts on what might be going on here? Is there
a known-issue on 6m with the KPA?

73 and Good DX
Peter, W2IRT

President, North Jersey DX Association

DXCC Card Checker
Letter O Manager, ARRL Incoming 2nd District QSL bureau