On 6/5/2020 12:01 PM, Bob McGraw K4TAX wrote:

> I agree with Jim, K9YC on this.  Grounding is for lightning
> protection.   To be effective, it should be outside of the
> structure/house and be very low resistance.   And all driven grounds
> must be bonded back to the AC Mains ground.  This is per NEC.  Your
> equipment, your house, and your life may depend on it being done correctly.

Another thing that we do is to bond all of the ground rods in an outside
ring which is buried in a trench filled with conductive concrete.  A
layer of the concrete, than the ground ring, and then another layer of
that concrete.  Expensive? You betcha, but cheap insurance for sites
costing well over a million dollars just for the infrastructure.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon